Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

land scapes....

landscapes can be absolutely breath taking- like the trip out to the black hills this past weekend. i mentioned that we had gone out for a family reunion and the drive out- spectacular!! not a breathe of wind, so, all the water in the fields were a perfect mirror reflecting their beautiful prairie landscape....that being said...

today- still at art class....landscapes. well, let me tell you something- these are not my forte. i had four pieces going (ALWAYS paint in a series....-see what i have learned) on my landscapes. had picked my colors; had picked my forms, and had the committment to do these...well, what a disaster. BUT, actually, i did have one that Bob Burridge had said was a winner (such an honor...). i said, well, i did four paintings, and he stated- and you had ONE that is a winner- that is awesome! i had been feeling rather defeated and more than a little frustrated until my mom encouraged me to look at my painting behind a frame (this trick too is a must) and when Bob saw it- he was like- awesome- so, how could i remain so defeated? i can't. today pushed me to my limited- somewhere i am not comfortable, but, dammit- i am going to try again tomorrow (with way less thought!!)-so stay tuned....

1 comment:

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!