Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Adirondack chair

my big girl job during the day is working at the local hospital. my facility does a lot of fund raising for Children's Miracle Network. we did adirondack chairs last year, but, i painted the chair for my department i am in charge of. this year- i painted it for myself.


when i was asked to paint a chair again- how could i say no?!.....especially when i get to be creative and do some painting?


 i knew that i wanted this year's chair to be pink and my overall theme would be dream. i still love the American Family Insurance #longlivedreams poem....love it and wanted to use that poem.


the piece under the longlivedreams shows how my "wash" of the chair looks- i did a hot pink "wash" on the chair pieces that are more support pieces of the chair. i only really painted the arm rests, the chair back and the 5 seat pieces. in retrospect- i maybe should have painted the 2 other "seat" pieces.....but, at this point it is, what it is.....

i wrote the poem down and put it on the seat of the chair.   i also sanded the edges of the those pieces i really painted- can't have anything looking too perfectly painted....not my style. i like everything to look a little worn and loved. when i was completely finished, i varnished all of the pieces and let them dry hard.


and then, here is how my whole chair finished up looking....now i just hope someone in our community loves my chair enough to want to spend their money and buy it.


i am so thankful my husband is handy....he put the whole thing together for me in the garage! which is no small feat!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristin. Thanks for sharing a great idea. I would never have thought to incorporate something like that into outdoor furniture. I'm envisioning adding a poem to a piece. Just lovely! ~Lori

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!