Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Thursday, April 5, 2018

serendipitous..... {the100dayproject- a video}

so earlier this week i posted that i was going to participate in the 100 day project- but, when i posted that accountability, i really hadn't thought it all the way through- as i really didn't have a plan as to what i was going to do.....

i was thinking maybe tea bags, coffee filters, and maybe just small squares of paper...... but, over Easter our youngest son and i were shopping and i purchased a package of timecards. my son of course, thought i was crazy! why in the world would you buy those? well to make into art of course- i just didn't realize at that time what destiny those timecards would have. 

so when i grabbed the package to head to the studio and start my 100 day project i noted this..... my package of timecards was 100 count.


as soon as i saw that i knew that a little serendipity had occurred, and i had my hands on the right substrate for this 100 day project.

check out this video of my first timecard....



serendipity.

timecards.

the100dayproject.

xo. kristin

4 comments:

  1. This is so awesome Kristin! OK...WELL...shhhhh...secret... I submitted art on TIME CARDS to a publication...USING YOUR stamps too! LOL Just got a note that they WILL be published! Woot Woot!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, what a great idea! I have a very heavy, very basic 35 year old Kenmore sewing machine. You have inspired me to set it up in the studio, when I have reorganized ( ha! When pigs fly that will finally get finished😊) Seriously, your stitching on the card adds an intriguing layer of texture. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!