Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Thursday, November 14, 2013

still "popping"- now into Christmas ornaments






here are two of my new Christmas ornaments and i am still creating and using Roben-Marie's Art Pop cards in my Christmas projects. and these cards are goooood, to the very last little scrap!!

 can you see the zig-zag stitching in the center portion? the stitching is holding a piece of a card i had cut out. i then blended the card piece into with my background by using a little bit of acrylic paint. 
the outer green edges are cotton scraps that i had used while painting to soak up some of my mess. sometimes i paint so wet that i end up with puddles- so, i use my cotton rags to soak up the mess and let the rags dry to use in other projects such as this. glue on a little red sparkle and add a vintage chandelier dangle.....and poof! Christmas ornament! i used another slim piece of cotton rag as the hangar.

2 comments:

  1. OMG these are the best!!! I adore that ornament in the last photo. Will you be selling these? Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a great idea for the cloth-that-soaks-paint from Roben-Marie's online class I took but didn't finish. I'm so glad I follow interesting blogs to get ideas of how I can actually use something I learned how to do at another blog. Imagine that!?! These are beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I'll use muslin instead of paper towels to soak up the puddles from my spray inks that are bright and colorful but wasted on the paper towel roll. You're a genious.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!