Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

art journal- inspiration from 21 Secrets

i am participating in the 21 Secrets this year and watched three talented women paint this past Wednesday. i was trying to figure out if i should be painting along with them, but, found it more interesting to simply watch and see how their journal pages progressed in the 90 minutes.

i found time to play this past weekend in a new journal my mom had picked up when she was in Germany visiting my brother. i believe the journal is meant for writing because the paper is relatively thin and lined- but, it worked just fine for my art journaling- i just cannot be too aggressive with it.

i used my gelli plate to print the background first- layering several colors and one of my favorite shapes- the sunburst. then, added some paper scraps and doodles.


1 comment:

  1. Your work is honestly amazing!!! I truly love everything that you create!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!