Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Friday, May 31, 2013

altered can and ATCs- lesson

my student and i started on our found object art....i choose a found old film can, and my student choose a wooden glove box. the other piece that i thought would be fun would be to make ATCs for our boxes.
 i managed to find my circle playing cards i purchased at a rummage sale which fit perfectly into my tin. we painted on yupo paper to make our ATCs. i wanted her to experience painting on yupo paper. it has the least amount of control for painting surfaces when compared to canvas or a wooden cradle, but, i felt it was important for her to understand what type of surface may work better for certain projects.

 my student agreed, that the yupo paper was definitely different to paint on due to the lack of control and unexpected reactions. on canvas you can remove paint to find the layer underneath, but, on yupo- you may wipe everything away and be back down to white.....but, in spite of this- my student has done an excellent job of adapting and produced wonderful ATCs for her box. these below are from Cora, my student.




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!