Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Sunday, September 22, 2013

art journal girl- yet another

i did sneak a little time this morning to play in the studio. have i mentioned how thoroughly i have been enjoying my gelli plate for making back grounds?......blank art journal page + print, print,print + face= HAPPINESS!

i have been layering the prints until i am happy and then, drawing a face on top. i have several more backgrounds ready to go and had bought a new pencil to try out.

i have several charcoal and sketch and wash pencils, and i was looking for something in between. i found a pastel pencil and thought i would give it a try. i liked that it was more stable than my charcoal and sketch and wash pencils when adding paint- like at her eye; but, will wash out and blend with direct contact- like at the lips.


1 comment:

  1. I love all the colors . . . you are a brave artist and your work is wonderful. Thanks for the lovely visit and the comment you left on my latest post. How about deciding to follow me back, I would be head over heels if you did. Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!