with the deadline looming, i needed to decide on what i was making, and focus. i had been reading a past ClothPaperScissors issue and had seen cloth that had been painting on and then, sewn on and thought this may be just what i was thinking of.
i grabbed a small piece of white cotton and started by putting down some spray inks with stencils to help create my background. i used a variety of inks and a little spray of alcohol to allow some of the colorful ink to run, then going back in with some acrylic paint and finally sewing on on bird.
i did initially stitch around the outside of my square to secure the layers of fabric. i did use 2 pieces of cotton with a thin layer of fleece in between. i stitched a couple of times simply for interest and of course, not totally straight.
i did also add a vintage ribbon handle so this blue eyed bird could be hung. and finished it off with my signature.