Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Monday, July 21, 2014

stamping up a storm {foam stamps}

this weekend was busy, but, on sunday i did sneak down to the studio to play and do some catch up with the printmakingunleashed 31 day challenge....i must buy this book- this has been the most amount of good creative fun i have had in a while with such wonderful prompts to get you started....

(focus...)...okay- so the newest challenge was to make and use foam stamps. i looked around my studio and found my stack of play foam sheets and a small amount even had sticky backs! i set to work making up a pile of foam stamps. check out my pile...



with my new foam stamps i combined with my gelli plate to create backgrounds and several very cool pages in my art journal. i used my brayer to apply paint to my foam stamps; sometimes covering the whole stamp, and other times rolling just once and leaving empty space on my stamp. i didn't even mind if the edge of my stamp touched the page as you can see below.




are you playing?....let me know and i can stop over! happy monday.....

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I made foam stamp too. Would need that I try it with the gelli plate!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you are inspiring me to make something fun and playful.
    I love your layering and bright colors :)
    Have a great week.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your foam stamps; you have inspired me to find my foam (oh where have I put it all??!!) and have a play!

    This challenge looks great, I wonder if it's too late to join in or if it's a stand alone class? I'll look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had some foam in my stash so you inspired me to make my own stamps too!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!