Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

one little word....evoke

the one little word for the month of july was evoke. i had initially started my painting working with some of my favorite colors....but, this little snippet was about all that i liked on this page.


my wheels kept working and i have been playing along with Traci Bautista's #printmakingunleashed and one of the days i made hot glue stencils. i loved how i could make a word and used this to write evoke.


i used a stiff bristled brush to paint around my letters to create this.....there were many (many....) colors on the bottom, but, i didn't feel like i was able to pull it together. i used the white to really tame the colors back and the white provided some unity to the overall painting. i wanted to sharpen the edges of my word, so i did use a stabilo pencil to give a bit of definition.


as i worked through my painting, the other thing that was floating through my mind were the feelings that were being evoked as i worked.

some of that day, i felt lost....i seemed to have lost some of my creative mojo. so when seeking words to put with this.....you can almost hear my story of this piece....


at the end however, i had felt like i had found myself. i loved how there were some ghost images of the underneath painting peeking through the white.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!