Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Monday, October 29, 2012

re-purposed metal shelf with a tray

as we were working on this project, i was thinking that it needed a tray (for the chalk). i did some digging into my extra stuff and came up with a vintage shredder. my husband (bless his heart) worked a little magic and got the shredder bent in the right spot so that we could attach it to my "family coordination center."

as we were talking about about my plans for this project, i was thinking that cork on a portion would be cool; and low and behold, my husband had a stash of cork- he is very handy and well prepared (for anything- especially projects that his wife wants to do....).

this was a metal shelf for a cart that i picked up at an auction recently; it somehow had been separated from the rest of the cart. it started its' life as a brown fake wood grain middle shelf for a 3 shelf cart. we sanded it down, primed it, and then, painted the outer edges an ivy green.

once that was dry, we painted the chalkboard paint onto the bottom portion and my husband helped me attach our tray and the wire hangar in the back for me. it turned out so well, i think my husband would like to keep it, but, it will be going on the occasional sale coming up in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!