this postcard fought me tooth and nail the whole way. my initial concept seemed easy enough- i was using a used file folder cut down to size. i used both the front and back to provide a little more stability and thickness then simply taped the edges together and gesso'd the front, but, this is where the card took a turn for the worse....
i had started with collage and originally had been working in a girl/ princess into the piece and had sewn on wings and she had a crown with jewels.
the jewels didn't last long and i began to paint over the face. and paint over the face....and paint over the face- yes, by this time the face and the rest of her were a disaster....the the small triangle just above the number strip was part of her "dress." but, you know what....if you add enough paint and layers of paper, tape and fabric- you can paint over anything; and sprinkle enough gold ink on anything....and somehow it becomes magical.
and to be honest.....i stitched this postcard almost to death. but, the best part came when i switched from the grey thread to the magenta thread- that really popped on the postcard and pulled it together.
i was happy with what i ended up with....but, let me tell you.....this a fight.