Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Monday, November 24, 2014

sewn up paintbrush bag

on saturday i worked in my studio and had been envisioning a paintbrush/ pencil holder. my thoughts had been a long narrow little bag to throw my favorite few paintbrushes and pencils in when working elsewhere.

front:


back:




i had hand dyed fabric and then used Rae Missigman's new stamps for my background. i had to determine how long i needed the bag to be. once i figured that out i cut out my rectangle and chose my zipper. i had found that super cute black and white polka dot fabric and knew i wanted to incorporate that into my bag; along with the purple sari ribbon i had gotten at here.


so i used the polka dot fabric for the ruffle and then, turned it inside out for the end caps so that it would not be too overwhelming with the black. i did some hand stitching with the hot pink and added a button for the fun of it.


even one of my biggest brushes fits just fine. super excited about my bag. trying to decide if i should make others..... any thoughts on this?


3 comments:

  1. Very cool Kristin ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet this is! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Kristin! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute idea, Kristin! I love making my own bags, too. There's so much of your personality that can be included. The contrasting fabrics are very appealing to me. Yes! I think you should make more!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!