here is one holiday tag i made with one of stencils from BlueTwig Studio.
i will walk you through my process for creating your own tags.
- grab a tag....i had to make my tags, as apparently i did not actually have any premade tags. i used file folder and a template to make my tags.
- use acrylic paint and the gelli plate to get paint down onto each tag as your background color. i did use my small 6x6 gelli plate with these tags.
- stamp a little with an opposing color- i used a homemade stamp to make the light blue strips on the tags. i also sprayed lightly with a silver spray ink.
- brayer some more color....i put a small amount of pistashio green onto my gelli plate and rolled the paint out with my brayer and then, rolled the brayer onto the tags in areas to add additional color. below is a sample of how the tag will look prior to the stenciling.
5. use the Tim Holtz Christmas (THS030) stencil with holiday words. i used a cosmetic sponge and white acrylic paint to pounce on the white paint.
6. hi-lite one word with a stabilo pencil. spritz with water to blend a bit. be careful with the water, it is easy to use too much.
here are some other samples that i made using the stencils from BlueTwig Studio and this same process.
the other supplies i used in the tags below are:
- Tim Holtz Holiday Knit (THS028) stencil
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Gumdrops that attached with Gorilla Glue
getcha in the holiday creative mood?....