Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Friday, October 13, 2017

sewingswag {custom bags}


do you know that i sew?.... almost becoming a lost art now a days; but me......

i come from a long line of seamstresses. both of my grammas sewed as well as my mom. 
clothes, furniture slip covers- they did it all. and they did it superbly. if i could describe the shirt i wanted, my gramma could sew it for me without a pattern.

i used to sew clothes for my kiddos when they were little, but as they grew up- (and they could voice their own opinion), slowly that changed.

then i found sewing on paper..... and love that almost as much as sewing on fabric. i don't hesitate for a moment to go and throw my paper under the sewing machine.

 but i have found a bit of a balance however between art and sewing in the form of bags and my dolls (current doll i am working on).


both the bags and dolls make great gifts and i am always open to custom orders. size, color, lined with plastic, maybe no plastic....you tell me. 

happy friday.

xo. kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!