Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Monday, February 25, 2013
Saturday, February 23, 2013
homemade neck warmer, a photo by alteredstatesstudio on Flickr.
i don't know about you, but, with kids, teenage kids, we have a pile of clothes that they have either out grown or "just don't want to wear" anymore. so, yesterday, i got out the scissors and cut those up to make this super cute homemade small circle scarf. i cut the t shirts and sweaters into rectangles and then stitched them together. i didn't even care about raw edges- i figured it made this scarf even more interesting. so some edges are clean and matched how you should sew, and other edges are raw.
Friday, February 22, 2013
and here, we go.....
- paisley socks- so want some of those for my crop pants!
- considering wearing a hat today, but loving my messy hair.
- where is the music? cuz i wanna dance and work in my studio.
- will this snow today end?
- sometimes, less is just plain less- i want a painting with layers and texture....something that makes you want to touch it!
- i will not eat anything with grey poupon. (kinda fussy....)
- and as for the weekend, tonight i'm looking forward to some boys basketball, tomorrow my plans include possibly looking for a prom dress and sunday, i want to cook and be with my family.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
here to read her post on how to do this! it was super easy and i have always liked this pic of my hand...now i like it even more.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
mixed media flower on yupo paper, a photo by alteredstatesstudio on Flickr.
happy tuesday to you! i have been toying with moving my blog.....apparently, i had reached the maximum storage for this blog and could not store anymore pics. to fix this problem, i started using flicker- which has worked like a charm; however, you can only post one pic at a time with flicker.....or at least i am not "techy" enough to figure out how to post more than one pic at a time. i have been debating on moving this blog and starting another blog....if anyone else has experience with this- starting another blog or figuring out how to post additional pics....i would love to hear from you!! please.....
Sunday, February 17, 2013
homemade wrapping paper, a photo by alteredstatesstudio on Flickr.
my daughter needed something to be wrapped- i said, "no problem!" and went to my studio space and whipped this up. i used a half sheet of newspaper, acrylic paint, and inks, a few little strips of polka dot washi tape and a little tag, and poof! wrapped present!....she then said, "i didn't know you were gonna go all out!" i can't help that i saw the opportunity and had a moment to do something with it....
Friday, February 15, 2013
Thursday, February 14, 2013
rolodex tag valentines, a photo by alteredstatesstudio on Flickr.
happy valentine's day! although my kids are getting older, they still like to give their friends a valentine. so this artsy mom of course said yes! i will make you something....i grabbed the rolodex and pulled some of the tags. i gesso'd them first, then sprayed with glimmer inks, cut up some overpainted paper to make the tab that is stapled on, added some washi tape and acrylic paint, and cut out some hearts of book paper, and then, i added some washi tape and ink to the hearts.....
thank you to all of you who stop by occasionally when you can to take a peak, at something that is hopefully at least interesting, and maybe inspiring....happy valentine's day to you!
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
IMG_2798, a photo by alteredstatesstudio on Flickr.
i added just a few fine details before turning the bouquet over to the bride on monday....i added her date of the wedding onto the leaves and a little pencil to the outer edge to bring it in..... when i explained the details to the mom, she cried; but, this is a really emotional week for all of them i think. i can't wait to go to the wedding on saturday! they are getting married in our historic palace theater- i can't wait to see what they come up with...they have another local artist is in charge of the decorating, so i am really excited for them.
Sunday, February 10, 2013
IMG_2789, a photo by alteredstatesstudio on Flickr.
i went and painted with my mom and her friend to chosen music- herbie hancock....a jazzy little number. i had gotten a good start that initial day and liked what i had when i left. i painted on it the other day and clearly it was going through its' "ugly phase" as this was bad, but, apparently salvageable because i like what i ended up with. i had put down a glaze over the entire painting and it was very wet and had flowed and puddled to certain portions of the canvas and when it dried- there a good start to what my eye saw as a girl. a jazzy, funky girl moving to the beat.....in her wonderful shoes and awesome striped stockings!
Friday, February 8, 2013
IMG_2736, a photo by alteredstatesstudio on Flickr.
and... here we go!
- in new england the snowstorm of historic proportions will be hitting this weekend.
- as long as it is "winter," i would not mind LOTS of snow- in fact, i am hoping for some this weekend.
- ahhhhhh, hot coffee!
- going to high school basketball games is my favorite thing to do nowadays.
- last night, i had a dream about the education for work i am putting together (i seriously need to get a life....).
- blogging is the perfect way to record life.
- and as for the weekend, tonight i'm looking forward to not having to fix supper, tomorrow my plans include lunch with a girlfriend, and sunday, i want to stay inside (the weather is sounded awfully snowy.)
Monday, February 4, 2013
Friday, February 1, 2013
IMG_2769, a photo by alteredstatesstudio on Flickr.
and... here we go! (with another braidsmaid flower)
- sniff, sniff....what is up this year with the influenza bug? hopefully you have been healthy!
- any type of sports fan,but, my favorite is....oh, i can't even pick.
- what in the world is the big deal about the lip synching and beyonce.....we all know she CAN sing- let it go.
- our busy house rarely has peace and quiet.
- one of my dreams is to visit the state of texas. i have been inspired to go there by this blog.
- so very many good art books, so few minutes in the day to spend reading those books.
- and as for the weekend, tonight i'm looking forward to yet another girls basketball game (this will be our 3rd game this week), tomorrow my plans include a little shopping and some studio time, and sunday, i want to watch the super bowl with friends.